The Indianapolis City Market is open and has plans to infuse public art into the space. We are thrilled to offer an opportunity for local artists to add a unique layer to this experience in Downtown Indy. We are planning to install a street art trail along concrete barricades. The designated space is very visible from the street, sidewalks, adjacent buildings, and community gathering spaces.
A panel of jurors will select 16 high-skilled artists for the installation. The selected artists will each receive a $700 stipend for their work. Artists must supply their own materials.
Public Street Art Trail Guidelines
- The concept must be based on the theme: Reclaiming the Space
- The concept must be positive and inspiring
- Must not include political messages or nudity
- Artists must be able to complete the installation withing 2 day
Street Art Trail Site:
Indianapolis City Market, 222 E. Market Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Indianapolis visual artists, 18 years or older, are invited to apply! Please submit the following to Deonna Craig: deonnaheARTbeat@gmail.com
- 5 images of your work – PDF format
- 500 words or less: How does art bring people together?
- A proposed concept for the project. You may include this but it is not required.
Submissions must be in PDF format. Submissions are due October 16th by 11:59p.m.