Calling All Indianapolis Visual Artists!October 13, 2020
The Indianapolis City Market is open and has plans to infuse public art into the space. We are thrilled to offer an opportunity for local artists to add a unique layer to this experience in Downtown Indy. We are planning to install a street art trail along concrete barricades. The designated space is very visible from the street, sidewalks, adjacent buildings, and community gathering spaces.
A panel of jurors will select 16 high-skilled artists for the installation. The selected artists will each receive a $700 stipend for their work. Artists must supply their own materials.
Public Street Art Trail Guidelines
- The concept must be based on the theme: Reclaiming the Space
- The concept must be postiive and inspiring
- Must not include political messages or nudity
- Artists must be able to complete the installation withing 2 day
Street Art Trail Site:
Indianapolis City Market, 222 E. Market Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204
SubmissionIndianapolis visual artists, 18 years or older, are invited to apply! Please submit the following to Deonna Craig: deonnaheARTbeat@gmail.com
- 5 images of your work - PDF format
- 500 words or less: How does art bring people together?
- A proposed concept for the project. You may include this but it is not required.
Submissions must be in PDF format. Submissions are due October 16th by 11:59p.m.