HIRING: Marketing & Operations Intern - Spring 2019November 8, 2018
The Indianapolis City Market is looking for all-star college students in and around central Indiana interested in a part-time, paid position as our Marketing & Operations Intern for spring semester 2019!
The marketing and operations internship for spring 2019 focuses on promoting the many events, projects, and programming put on by the Indianapolis City Market. The intern will be expected to aid the City Market staff in a wide variety of functions to help make the City Market one of the premier public gathering, dining, and recreational places in Indianapolis.
The marketing intern will work 16-20 hours per week, and will be paid $9 per hour. This internship will begin in mid-January, with a negotiable end date.
- Create content for City Market’s social media accounts and newsletters
- Help craft press releases and media alerts
- Help administer placemaking and programming efforts
- Help in operation of various Indianapolis City Market Events
- Help develop a volunteer recruitment system
- Help prepare for summer programs and events (i.e. The Original Farmers’ Market)
- Develop City Market merchant welcome/information packet
- Intern must live near/attend a university within reasonable driving distance from the Indianapolis City Market (222 E. Market Street, Indianapolis, Ind. 46204).
- An ideal candidate for the marketing and operations internship will be detail oriented, highly responsible, able to interact professionally and positively with various socio-economic populations, able to give and take direction when needed.
- Candidates must be passionate about community work and civic engagement; ideal candidates find hard work in community improvement both fun and fulfilling.
- We are looking for candidates finishing either their sophomore or junior year in their undergraduate studies majoring in marketing, public relations, social work, communications, political science, journalism, etc.
Email Joe Perin at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, cover letter, and a list of three personal/professional references.
Last Day to Apply: Friday, December 7, 2018