City Market East Plaza Clock Gets a FaceliftSeptember 21, 2017
The clock on City Market's east plaza recently got some much needed repairs and a new paint job!
After years of misleading market-goers with the wrong time, the City Market's east plaza clock is ticking on time again thanks to a generous donation from local CPA firm Katz, Sapper and Miller.
The clock was originally built in the late 1800's in Boston by the E. Howard Clock Company. It came to Indy in 1921 where it stood out side local watchmaker and jeweler Curtis F. Terry's shop. After Terry's death in 1971 the City of Indianapolis purchased the clock and placed it at the City Market.
For years the clock worked on-and-off and two years ago it stopped all together. Now, thanks to the generosity of Katz, Sapper and Miller, and the partnership of Indiana Landmarks, the clock runs on time again and has an amazing new paint job.
Check it out for yourself!